Green Hosting Terms of Service
Last Revision: 01/01/2015
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
1. Account Setup / Email on File
We will setup your account after we have received payment and we and/or our payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) in case of fraud. It is your responsibility to provide us with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. If you have a domain name registered with GREEN HOSTING, it is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information for your domain account and your actual domain name(s) is correct and up-to-date. GREEN HOSTING is not responsible for a lapsed registration due to outdated contact information being associated with the domain. If you need to verify or change this information, you should contact our sales team via email. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account.
The credit card holder or owner of the PayPal e-mail address which is utilized for payment on the account is designated as the authorized owner of the account.
Our transfers team will make every effort to help you move your site to us. However, transfers are provided as a courtesy service, and we can not make guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult if not impossible to migrate some or all account data. We will try our best, but in some cases we may be unable to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host.
The free transfer services are available for 30 days from your sign up date. Transfers outside of the 30 day free period will incur a charge; please contact a member of the transfers department with specific details to receive a price quote.
Dedicated IP Address Allocation
Any dedicated IP order in addition to ones provided with a hosting package may be subject to IP Justification. Justification practices are subject to change to remain in conformity with policies of American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN). We reserve the right to deny any dedicated IP request based on insufficient justification or current IP utilization.
Third Party Providers
All transactions with third party providers are solely between the visitor and the individual provider. GREEN HOSTING is not the agent, representative, trustee or fiduciary of you or the third party provider in any transaction. Some products provided by GREEN HOSTING are provided under license with vendors, and the use of any such third party products will be governed by the applicable license agreement, if any, with such third party.
All discounts, promotions and special third party offers may be subject to additional restrictions and limitations by the third party provider. All transactions with third party providers are subject to the terms and conditions under which the provider agrees with you to provide the goods or services. You should confirm the terms of any purchase and/or use of goods or services with the specific provider with whom you are dealing.
We do not make any representations or warranties regarding, and are not liable for, the quality, availability, or timeliness of goods or services provided by a third party provider. You undertake all transactions with these providers at your own risk. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information regarding third party providers.
All services provided by GREEN HOSTING may only be used for lawful purposes. The laws of the State of Florida, the State of Texas, and the United States of America apply.
The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GREEN HOSTING from any claims resulting from the use of our services.
Use of our services to infringe upon any copyright or trademark is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of music, books, photographs, or any other copyrighted work. The offer of sale of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be in violation of anothers copyright will be expeditiously removed, or access to the material disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of copyright laws will be suspended and/or terminated from our hosting. A list of required information may be found here. If the request is of a licensing issue, we may require further documentation.
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device is not permitted, with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not take backups of your backups.
Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:
Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
Prime Banks Programs
Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
Sites promoting illegal activities
Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
Push button mail scripts
Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
Tell A Friend Scripts
Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways
GREEN HOSTING services, including all related equipment, networks and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. GREEN HOSTING systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. Use of GREEN HOSTING system(s) constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
Any account found connecting to a third party network or system without authorization from the third party is subject to suspension. Access to networks or systems outside of your direct control must be with expressed written consent from the third party. GREEN HOSTING may, at its discretion, request and require documentation to prove access to a third party network or system is authorized.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our terms of service in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Failure to respond to email from our abuse department within 48 hours may result in the suspension or termination of your services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via troubleticket/email and will have a response within 48 hours.
GREENSEOTOOLS.COM/GREENHOSTING is not in a position to investigate and validate or invalidate the veracity of individual defamation claims, which is why we rely on the legal system and courts to determine whether or not material is indeed considered defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature; we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a US Court has placed an injunction against specified content or material; we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
The language of Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act fundamentally states that Internet services providers like GREENSEOTOOLS.com and many of GREENSEOTOOLS.com’s other webhosting services and brands are republishers and not the publisher of content. Our service merely provides a hosting platform and space on which to host content, and any creation or publication of content on our services is the sole responsibility of the third-party user which creates or publishes the content. Therefore, GREENSEOTOOLS.com should not be held liable for any allegedly defamatory, offensive or harassing content published on sites hosted under GREENSEOTOOLS.com’s webhosting service(s).
Potential harm to minors is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography (Lolita):
Any site found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
Resellers: we will suspend the site in question and will notify you so you may terminate the account. We will further monitor your activity; more than one infraction of this type may result in the immediate termination of your account.
Direct customers: Your services will be terminated with or without notice.
Violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as user name and password. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change/update your password.
3.) Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists”, purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.
Sites advertised via SPAM (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to SPAM sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion.
GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a clean up fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal. This cost of the clean up fee is entirely at the discretion of GREEN HOSTING.
4.) Backups and Data Loss
Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service runs once a week, overwrites any of our previous backups made, and only one week of backups are kept. This service is provided to you as a courtesy. GREEN HOSTING is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on GREEN HOSTING servers.
5.) Cancellations and Refunds
GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or otherwise restrict access to the account at any time with or without notice.
Exchange rate fluctuations for international payments are constant and unavoidable. All refunds are processed in U.S. dollars, and will reflect the exchange rate in effect on the date of the refund. All refunds are subject to this fluctuation and GREEN HOSTING is not responsible for any change in exchange rates between time of payment and time of refund.
Customers may cancel at any time. GREEN HOSTING gives you an unconditional 7 day money back guarantee on managed shared hosting, and reseller solutions for any customer who paid the first invoice with a credit card or with Paypal.
Cancellations requested after the initial 7 days for Shared and Reseller accounts will go into effect on the renewal date for that particular hosting package. Unless specifically requested, the account will remain active until the period expires. If the account is eligible, any request for a refund outside of the initial 7 day period will be given on a prorated basis with any previous extended term discount withheld. Refunds are to be determined once the account has been canceled. Payments older than 60 days may require a refund via PayPal or mailed check due to our merchant account policies and procedures.
There are no refunds on vps and dedicated servers, Domain name administrative fees, and install fees for custom software. package. Eligibility of said refunds will be determined at the time of cancellation.
Only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. For example, if you’ve had an account with us before, canceled and signed up again, you will not be eligible for a refund or if you have opened a second account with us.
Dedicated Server Terms of Service
Use of our service, whether directly or indirectly, constitutes your acceptance of these terms and agreement to abide by them. We reserve the right to amend or adjust these terms at any time. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acceptance of any changes we make. These terms are non-negotiable:
- All orders must include your real name, address, phone number and email address. Providing false information may result in immediate termination of all your accounts without refund. Clients are limited to one account. Opening multiple accounts will result in termination without refund.
- Orders are deployed in the order in which they are received.
- Payment is expected at the time the order is placed. Failure to complete payment will result in the order being discarded by our system.
- We deploy servers during business days only (Monday through Friday). Servers are not deployed on Saturday or Sunday.
- Due to the nature of our industry and the costs involved with provisioning and maintaining your service, we do not offer refunds or pro-rated refunds.
- Invoices are generated 10 days before the date they are due. Email reminders are sent at 7 days, 4 days and 1 day before the due date via email. If your account is set up on auto billing, your payment method will be charged on the due date.
- All invoices are e-mailed and are available in your account panel. Invoices are not sent via postal mail, PDF, fax or any other method other than email. We do not contact customers via phone to discuss billing issues.
- If your payment is declined or you fail to submit payment by the invoice due date, your service will be disconnected at midnight the day after the due date and your account will be assessed a $15 late fee
- Failure to make payment within 48 hours of the disconnection will result in your service being terminated and a termination fee of $20 assessed against your account.
- A billing dispute of any kind does not exempt you from paying current and future bills. Billing disputes resolved in the customer’s favor will receive account credit for overpayment. If any chargebacks occur on your credit card or PayPal account we reserve the right to terminate all service and recycle your server(s) without notice.
- Your monthly bandwidth allotment is calculated based off your upstream plus downstream traffic. Bandwidth overages will be charged $.25 per GB.
- To avoid cancellation fees and termination fees, you may cancel your own service through your account panel at any time before the invoice due date. Your server is removed and recycled within 24 hours. Once you have cancelled your own server, that server cannot be put back online.
- Failure to cancel your service before the due date will result in the service renewing automatically and you will be charged for an additional full month of service.
- Support is available 24/7/365.
- Support is by ticket system only. This insures that communication can be tracked and documented.
- Opening multiple tickets for the same issue within a short period of time constitutes abuse of our support ticket system and may result in termination of services.
- Swearing, threats and other abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in account termination without refund.
Service Level Agreement (SLA):
- We anticipate our services to be available 100% of the time.
- A service disruption occurs when your server is completely offline for more than 15 minutes due to a fault in our networking or power infrastructure.
- Disruptions caused by the hardware or software of the server itself it not covered by this SLA.
- Disruptions caused by planned or unplanned maintenance are not covered by this SLA.
- Disruptions caused as a result of actions taken by our abuse/security department are not covered under this SLA.
- In the event that there is an unplanned service disruption, you may open a support ticket and request an account credit to be issued for the prorated amount for the time of the disruption. For example: If you pay $60 per month for your server and it is unavailable for 1 day (during a 30 day month) due to an unplanned outage, you can request a account credit for $2.
- You are responsible for any abusive traffic coming from or going to your server whether or not it was knowingly or directly caused by you. You are responsible for all your users and/or customers actions while using our service.
- We do not participate in any government mass collection of data. If this provision disappears you will know we have been involuntarily compelled to take part in such a program.
- Attack traffic that disrupts any portion of our network (incoming or outgoing) will be blocked until the customer is able to work with security personnel to resolve the issue.
- Pornography and sex-related merchandising are permitted provided it is legal in the city of Kansas City, the state of Missouri and the country of the United States of America. This includes sites that may infer sexual content, or links to pornography elsewhere. Nude “art” is permitted.
- You may not upload any material that violates or infringes on the copyright, intellectual property rights or trademark rights of any individual or organization.
- IRC websites and IRC servers are not allowed.
- Piracy, hacking, cracking, phreaking, warez, pyrotechnics, exploitive software or text that educates or encourages this activity and/or use are not allowed.
- You may not upload ROMs and Emulators.
- You may not publish any material that is grossly offensive, including , exploitation of children, blatant expressions of bigotry, hatred, harassment, defamation, or invasion of privacy. This includes material that defames, abuses, harasses or threatens any person or group.
- Mass email marketing servers and Unsolicited bulk e-mail (UCE) are prohibited.
- Spam is not allowed, and you may not reference our company in any unsolicited email that you send.
- Anyone caught SPAMMING or violating our Acceptable Use Policy may be terminated without warning and with no refund.
- You must contact us prior to installing a CDN within our infrastructure. “Shared Resource” CDN’s are strictly prohibited.
- You may not use your service in the commission of any crime that violates the laws of local, state, and federal government of the United States of America. Violations of this provision may result in us making your information and information about your service and it’s use available to law enforcement with or without your consent or knowledge.
- You are solely and fully responsible for the contents of your account. Any and all repercussions will be borne solely by you as the account holder.
- In no event will our company be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use GREEN HOSTING’s services or any content thereon. This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise, caused by any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file corruption; communication line failure; network or system outage; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
- We are not liable for any damage or loss of data due to insufficient cooling, heating, bandwidth or acts of God. This includes colocation or dedicated servers.
- We reserve the right to terminate any account without warning, notice, or refund if any of the above restrictions are violated and to examine the contents of any account at any time.
Violations of the Terms of Service will waive the refund policy.
6) Resource Usage
User may not:
1) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
2) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
3) Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
4) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
5) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
6) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
7) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
8) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
9) Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
10) When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include(“http://yourdomain.com/include.php”) use include(“include.php”)
11) To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
12) Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
13) Any Hosting client with unlimited disk space featured user can use up-to 250 GB disk space to host their websites.
7.) Bandwidth Usage
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
8.) Money back Guarantee
On dedicated servers and vps no full refund will be honored — the 7 day money back guarantee does not apply. We reserve the right to refund a prorated amount or no refund at all.
Each of GREEN HOSTING ‘s managed shared and reseller servers carry a 7 day unconditional money back guarantee on them. If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 7 days of your service, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount. Remember, this is only for monthly shared or reseller packages and does not apply to dedicated servers and vps, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.
GREEN HOSTING will not activate new orders or activate new packages for customers who have an outstanding balance with GREEN HOSTING. For a new order to be setup or a new package to be activated, you must have a balance of $0.00, unless otherwise stated by GREEN HOSTING in writing.
9.) Reseller: Client Responsibility
Resellers are responsible for supporting their clients. GREEN HOSTING does not provide support to our Reseller’s Clients. If a reseller’s client contacts us, we reserve the right to place the client account on hold until the reseller can assume their responsibility for their client. All support requests must be made by the reseller on their clients’ behalf for security purposes. Resellers are also responsible for all content stored or transmitted under their reseller account and the actions of their clients’. GREEN HOSTING will hold any reseller responsible for any of their clients actions that violate the law or the terms of service.
10.) Shared (non-reseller accounts) / dedicated Servers
Shared accounts may not resell web hosting to other people, if you wish to resell hosting you must use a reseller account. dedicated servers are not backed up. You must maintain your own backups.
11.) Dedicated Servers
GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to reset the password on a dedicated server if the password on file is not current so that we may do security audits as required by our datacenter. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that there is a valid email address and current root password on file for their dedicated server on file to prevent downtime from forced password resets. GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to audit servers as needed and to perform administrative actions at the request of our datacenter. Dedicated servers are NOT backed up by us and it is the responsibility of the client to maintain backups or have a solution for this. You may purchase an additional hard drive and maintain backups to it as the simplest solution. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to obtain a secondary hard drive. It is your responsibility to maintain backups.
12.) Price Change
The amount you pay for hosting will never increase from the date of purchase. We reserve the right to change prices listed on greenseotools.com/greenhosting, and the right to increase the amount of resources given to plans at any time.
Discounts and coupon codes are reserved for first-time accounts *or first-time customers* only and may not be used towards the purchase of a domain registration unless otherwise specified. If you have signed up using a particular domain, you may not resign up for that domain using another coupon at a later date. Any account found in violation of these policies will be reviewed by our sales department and the appropriate invoices will be added to the account. Coupon abuse will not be tolerated and may result in the suspension or termination of the account. Coupons or discounts are only valid towards the initial purchase, and do not affect the renewal or recurring price.
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
GREEN HOSTING is dedicated to providing top quality service at a very affordable price. The conditions which follow are necessary to ensure that we may continue to provide the best possible service to all of our customers whilst at the same time satisfying our legal and ethical responsibilities.
Failure to follow any condition will be grounds for immediate account deactivation without notice. GREEN HOSTING will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of any of these provisions.
Activity which results in the suspension or deactivation of an account will result in a forfeiture of all fees paid. Complaints made regarding abuses of an account will be investigated and if found guilty will be grounds for immediate suspension.
To report suspected abuses or any violations of these policies, please contact management.
GREEN HOSTING servers may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or distribution of any information, data or material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. Examples of non-acceptable content or links: Pirated software, Hackers programs or archives, Warez sites, MP3, and IRC bots. Any type of forum/discussion board discussing where to obtain such files or one that distributes the files is also prohibited. The subscriber to GREEN HOSTING service agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GREEN HOSTING from any claims resulting from the use of the service that damages the subscriber or any other party. GREEN HOSTING will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
GREEN HOSTING does not allow background Daemons such as IRC bots; eggdrop; BitchX; XiRCON; and any other program that interferes with normal server operation. No warez is allowed. Web proxies are not tolerated. This includes NPH-Proxy, and web proxy. If your site is found to hold any proxy files, your account will be suspended and the account holder will be issued a fee of $50 USD. When using an account with shell, you are not allowed to run ANY servers or services on the GREEN HOSTING network. Servers are defined as perlbots, proxies, BitchX, psyBnc, root exploits, DDoS scripts, Shoutcast servers, etc. Running any of these will face an immediate suspension, and users will be subject to a fine no less than $50.00 USD, and no more than $100.00 USD. GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to terminate an account for these activities also.
GREEN HOSTING’s web hosting accounts are not to be used for the purposes of distributing software and multimedia products. If you wish to distribute software and/or multimedia files, please contact our sales for special arrangement.
File Usage and Storage
GREEN HOSTING web hosting accounts are not to be used for the purposes of distributing and/or storing an unusual amount of files. We are a web hosting service not a remote file storage service. Any web site whose disk space usage for storing the files exceed 70% of its total usage, either in terms of total size or number of files, will be deemed to be using unusual amount of files. At that point, if we find that those files are illegal or harmful in any way, you will be notified. If you do not have any negative intentions such as causing harm to our server or to others with the files you keep, then you have nothing to worry about.
GREEN HOSTING does not provide nor allow chat rooms on shared hosting environments. You may elect for a dedicated server to run a chat room efficiently.
GREEN HOSTING does not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated on our shared or reseller servers. They are allowed on dedicated servers provided that no negative effects occur to our network.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the GREEN HOSTING Network. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. GREEN HOSTING will investigate occurrences, which may involve cooperation with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations. These violations include, without limitation:
1) Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account, which such user is not authorized to access,
2) Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization,
3) Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”,
4) Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or forum posting,
5) Taking any action in order to obtain services to which such User is not entitled,
6) Attempting to couple many hosting packages together to take advantage of massive space or bandwidth allocations,
Each hosting package purchased is unique to a do main name and use – you are not allowed to purchase multiple plans to obtain combined bandwidth & space. GREEN HOSTING will stop such transactions and label them as deceptive. We have an upgrade path for all services and we can often times work out special deals for users if they ask us for the assistance.
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples include, but are not limited to the following: Unauthorized access, use, probe, or scan of a systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic. Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a GREEN HOSTING server or customer of GREEN HOSTING is strictly prohibited. Any sub-networks of GREEN HOSTING and dedicated servers must adhere to the above policies. The failure to meet or follow any of the above guidelines are grounds for account deactivation. We reserve the right to remove any account without prior notice.
The client is responsible for all activity originating from the account unless proven to be a victim of outside hacking or address forgery. The client is responsible for securing their username/password. The client assumes responsibility for all material on their site that may be put on by a third party (such as the usage of Free For All links pages). Use of GREEN HOSTING ’s service requires a certain level of knowledge in the use of Internet languages, protocols, and software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated use and desired content of the web space by the client. The following examples are offered: Web Publishing: requires knowledge of HTML, properly locating and linking documents, FTPing Web contents, Graphics, text, sound, image mapping, etc. FrontPage web publishing: knowledge of the FrontPage tools as well as Telnet and FTP understanding and capability. CGI-Scripts: requires a knowledge of the UNIX environment, TAR & GUNZIP commands, Perl, CShell scripts, permissions, etc. Mail: a use of mail clients to receive and send mail, etc. The client agrees that he or she has the necessary knowledge to create and maintain their web space. Client agrees that it is not the responsibility of GREEN HOSTING to provide this knowledge or support outside matter specific to GREEN HOSTING servers.
GREEN HOSTING takes extreme steps to maintain system integrity. However, GREEN HOSTING shall not be held responsible for loss of data due to any cause. To ensure the highest level of data protection, GREEN HOSTING recommends that ALL information be backed up on your own computer. As with any data that you hold a high importance to, it should be in more than one location at all times. All GREEN HOSTING data backups are designed against hardware failure not customer user error.
The failure by a customer to meet or follow any of the above policies/terms is grounds for account deactivation. GREEN HOSTING will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of the AUP. GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to remove any account without prior notice.
When GREEN HOSTING becomes aware of an alleged violation of its AUP, GREEN HOSTING will initiate an investigation. During the investigation, GREEN HOSTING may restrict a customer’s access in order to prevent further potentially unauthorized activity. Depending on the severity of the violation, GREEN HOSTING may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate a customer’s web hosting account and/or pursue other civil remedies. If such violation is a criminal offense, GREEN HOSTING will notify the appropriate law enforcement authorities of such violation.
GREEN HOSTING does not issue credits for outages incurred through service disablement resulting from AUP violations.
GREEN HOSTING customers agree to indemnify and hold harmless GREEN HOSTING from any claims resulting from the use of our services that damages them or any other party. The GREEN HOSTING service is provided on an as is, as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. GREEN HOSTING expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the GREEN HOSTING service will be error-free, secure or uninterrupted. No oral advice or written information given by GREEN HOSTING, its employees, licensors or the like, will create a warranty; nor may you rely on any such information or advice. GREEN HOSTING and its partners and suppliers will not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transaction or use of the service.
GREEN HOSTING reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of this policy at any time without notice.
Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion. An example of refusal of service is if an account continues to abuse our policies after warnings. Refusal, cancellation or suspension of services especially holds true to issues with spam or any script abuse. Another example of refusal of service is if a customer becomes very unreasonable, unprofessional, extremely difficult to work with or threatening. Said customer’s account will be suspended and we will recommend to the customer to find a new host. A backup of the account(s) will be provided.
Resource Abuse Policy (RAP)
Any website on our shared servers that uses a high amount of server resources (CPU, memory usage, and network resources) will be given an option to pay for a dedicated server. The abuse and misuse of system resources is a serious problem, and GREEN HOSTING does not tolerate it. Accounts on a shared server must be shared with other users, so we must limit how much of the CPU and memory that can be used by any one account.
In all fairness, we cannot allow one or two clients to use all of the system resources on a shared machine and have all other clients suffer because of it. Excessive CPU & memory usage by one or more clients causes extreme slowness in all areas: MySQL, Email, HTTP and more. If the CPU & memory usage by a few clients gets out of hand, all sites hosted on the machine will return errors and not be accessible in any way.
Average Server Resource Limits (Per cPanel Account)
# Memory usage may not exceed 25% per domain/file/application
# CPU usage may not exceed 25% per domain/file/application
# Apache connections may not exceed 80-100 connections
# 350 emails per hour, per domain
Please note that, our SRL (Server Resource Limit) allowance is highest than any other hosting company offered on shared hosting for their customer.
There are special exceptions to these rules to be determined at the time we discover abuse. There are different combinations of usage that can create problems and other special cases. At any given time a server is unstable and an account is found to be the cause, we reserve the right to suspend the account to keep the server online and operating normally. If the usage is an increasing trend, we recommend the user invest in a dedicated server so the website can grow at a normal rate without restriction.